Going crazy

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Good news... and a thank you.
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the enormous amount of support and love that i have gotten since the loss of my father. Some have been good enough to tell me how he touched their lives. Some have stood with me while i went insane or when i had to survive the ceremony. And others have called, e-mailed or come to visit just to make sure that i am alive, eating, sleeping, or just not killing anyone.

Even knowing all of you and being surrounded by you at times throughout my life... I have felt lost, or invisible, like all of my efforts or support or love had gone on completely unnoticed or unappreciated throughout the years. In these last few weeks of July not only were you there to support me, but reminded me and helped me see how many people I have been connected to, and that yes i am cared for.

So for all of this, I THANK YOU!!!

I have been locked up in my room for a while now, trying to be unconnected and trying to not fight with the chaos that is the aftermath of this huge loss. I don't want to fight or talk or feel ANY of this huge looming pain. But I have little choice in the matter. After a long conversation with a nice 42 year old lawyer friend of mine, I have decided to rejoin the living. And just in time for this decision was news that I got a job with Los Angeles County. So on Monday I will report to work and begin a new step in my life.

To top things off I am going to be a Great-Aunt, my father just missed out on being a Great-Grandfather...but I guess that this is just the circle of life.

So thank you for everything, I don't know that i will be very communicative or social in the coming months, but I will try.
I love you all.
D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home