Going crazy

Friday, November 07, 2008

Don't build a house upon the sand
we never should have tried
and when the timbers failed
our relationship just died

The faults weren't all mine
you had your fair share
but I am the one who killed it
gave it burdens it couldn't bear.

Don't start your house from the top
that never should be tried
build it square and slowly
leave faults nowhere to hide

And so our house has crumbled
but I bear you no ill will
I wish you health and happiness
and all your goals be fulfilled.

While you know who you are
I am a person I have yet to find
I shall travel along my road
and leave our house behind

It is broken down and empty
no warmth without you there
but i can think upon it
remembering that you cared

The next time I build a house
it won't be upon the sand
but have a solid foundation
to house the love of my beloved man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home